- 1 Mi-Del Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
For the Toasted Coconut Topping
- 1/3 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1½ cups coconut milk (whisked together to make sure it’s evenly incorporated)
- 1½ cups 10% Cream (Blend or Half-and-Half)
- 5 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1½ cups flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the coconut topping, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the milks and egg yolks.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the milk mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Add the coconut extract. Boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat, add butter, coconut, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour filling into shell and refrigerate. There will be extra filling, which works great as a pudding!
- Whip the cream with a hand mixer using a whisk attachment until it’s half whipped. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until stiff.
- Top the pie and sprinkle with toasted coconut.